Help, Support & Guidance

There are so many people and families out there that are effected by epilepsy and seizures everyday, that need help but are not getting it.

We want to be able to provide you with the knowledge you need in order to seek the guidance and support you deservedly need to better support yourself and loved ones. You may be looking for financial support from local authorities even, just to get answers to questions you have. On this page of our website we aim to point you in the right direction of where you need to be looking in accordance with your needs or location. We truly hope that this knowledge base is of use to you and that you get out of it what you are looking for.

If there is any additional information that we find and we feel can be of benefit then, this will also be included at a later date.

At Epiview Headquarters, we have a diverse team that is very knowledgeable because they have either:

  • Worked in a field where they know the processes, what questions to ask, who to ask & what is available.
  • They have experienced first hand what it is like to live with or have a loved one that suffers from epileptic seizures every day.

Help if you have a Disabled Child

Your local council can provide help if you have a disabled child, which would include:

  • Short break services
  • Holiday playschemes
  • Care at Home
  • Some aids and adaptions
  • Financial support

Your council has a duty to provide these services under the Children Act 1989. Some are free of charge – the council might ask you to contribute to others.
Find out more

Disabled Children: A Legal Handbook

A legal handbook is an authoritative yet accessible guide to the legal rights of disabled children and their families in England and Wales.

The authors expertly navigate the many, often overlapping, sources of law, explaining the difference between what public bodies must do to support disabled children and that which they may do.

Council For Disabled Children

Council for Disabled Children work collaboratively, from policy into practice, to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people.

They work on a range of subject such as:

  • Education & Learning
  • Health & Wellbeing
  • Into Adulthood
  • Participation
  • Social Care
  • Whole Child